Number of People
Small onion, finely chopped
Tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
Scallops, fresh or frozen, patted dry
Cloves garlic, finely chopped
Finely chopped fresh parsley
Fresh bread crumb
Fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- In a nonstick skillet, warm the olive oil over low heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook slowly, covered, for 5 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, then cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until thick and pulpy.
- In a skillet, heat the oil, then add the butter over high heat. When it has melted and is sizzling, add the scallops to the pan and fry over high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove and drain off the excess oil on crumpled paper towels.
- Off the heat, add garlic to the hot skillet and stir.
- Add the parsley and bread crumbs and mix well.
- To serve, place a small mound of the tomato in the center of each plate and arrange five scallops around it. Top with the garlic mixture and serve immediately, garnished with the parsley leaves.